Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life, liberty and the passion for travel

We live in an age where small businesses, entrepreneurs and innovators have to produce the most linked products, ones that make life unnecessarily easier.
But the thought of laziness frightens me. I envision a world, where humans are detached in a Wall-E-esque world.

That's why Google's new platform, The World Wonders Project, makes me cringe at the thought of the future of travel.

You know me. I'm a traveler, a vagabond, a gypsy. The road is my mate, as I've said enough times.

The price of gas skyrockets, discouraging travel. Tensions between countries, whether regarding race or religion, will escalate, scaring people from wandering outside their comfort zone. In a world where terror is high, people aren't able to travel with luggage for fear of hijacks and bombs, making it possible for only the wealthiest to pay for a plane ticket and a whole new wardrobe once they reach their landing-place. Instead people use platforms like Google's, below, to see the world.
World Wonders Project
Google's platform is a tad muddled. It's hard to find your way around the quarter globe under the landing page for the destinations and exploring the destinations is glitchy, but the project is impressive to say the least.

Could this be the future of travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment