Saturday, March 2, 2013

Underestimation

I never enjoyed the beach. I'm more of a mountain girl.
But I met you on the beach and fell in love.
Never again will I underestimate the power of physical attraction.

I never liked the unaware and inattentive. I am more of an intellectual.
But you listened intently and told me you loved me.
Never again will I underestimate the power of lies.

I've never been into a prep. I am more of a black eyeliner and blood from self-inflicted wounds kinda girl.
But you said you loved my heartache while you were fucking me.
Never again will I underestimate the power of pain.

I never liked Spanish men. I am more of a Caucasian lover.
But I looked into those big brown eyes and told you I loved you over fried plantains.
Never again will I underestimate the power of change.

I have never been fond of jealousy. I am more an open-minded, loose-lipped kinda girl.
But you told me they didn't love me.
Never again will I underestimate the power of loneliness.

I never believed in the devil. I put more stake in science.
But you promised love and showed me hate.
Never again will I underestimate the power of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment